My name is Amber. I’m 18 and a senior in high school. I love food and fitness. I’ve been battling an eating disorder since eighth grade. Some days are good, some days are not. I’ve been on and off treatment since freshmen year, and this time I mean business. I’m back in treatment and I’m determined to get better, even though I’m really scared. I want to love myself and be happy again. I believe life should be about maintaining balance, and right now I’m trying to find it. I love eating healthy, creating new recipes, and working out. This blog is mainly about food with a side of fitness, but I also want to make it personal. Know that success isn’t perfect and you may have some slip ups, but as long as you keep going, you’ll get there. If you wanna know more, just ask me! Also, if you wanna talk I’m here.
10 Facts About Me
- I’m a Christian. I love God so much. He never fails, and always lifts me up. No matter how many times I mess up, he’s always there.
- I have green eyes, long blonde hair, 5’2”, and have an athletic build.
- I love oatmeal, green monsters, french toast, pancakes, and banana scrambles. Can you tell breakfast is my favorite meal of the day?
- I’ve been cheerleading for 5 years. I’m currently working on my
double full(I got it!) and standing full. I can’t wait to cheer in college.
- For a career I want to either be a personal trainer/nutritionist or an eating disorder and self harm psychiatrist. I want to help people learn to treat their bodies right and be healthy. I know how it feels to feel like your constantly battling against yourself.
- I’m super close to my family. I love my parents and I can pretty much talk to them about anything. I think it’s super important to have a good relationship with your family. My mom and my sister are my best friends.
- I’m always planning and making lists. Whenever there is a trip I’m going on, I make a packing list. I always make meal plans, grocery lists, to do lists, etc. There’s something so satisfying about crossing off something you’ve done.
- I’m not vegetarian or vegan, but I eat a lot of meals that are. Possibly in the future I could see myself be a vegetarian.
- I love Disney. My favorites are Disney princess movies, and my favorite Disney princess are Aurora and Rapunzel. I kinda look like both.
- I LOVE nut butter. Organic MaraNatha Peanut butter is my all time favorite, but I can’t discriminate. I love Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, Artisana Coconut Butter, etc. I can’t stand Jif, Skippy, Nutella, or anything that’s over processed. It tastes fake.