Coconutty Peanut Butter Date Scottish Oats. These are my favorite combination of oats. Coconut, peanut butter, dates, and banana? Best flavor combination ever (besides chocolate and peanut butter of course). These are some amazing oats. I have them whenever I have time to make stove top oats. You have to try this!
- 1c water
- 1/4c almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1/4 scottish oats
- 1T ground flax (or chia seeds)
- 1/4t cinnamon
- 1/2t vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1T peanut butter
- 1 chopped date (topping)
- unsweetened coconut (topping)
- 1/2 sliced banana (topping)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add oats and ground flax to water then reduce to a simmer.
- Once oats start to thicken add almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, banana, and mix it all together.
- Cook until desired consistency.
- Then top with peanut butter, date, coconut, and sliced banana. Enjoy!