I’ve been wanted to make muffins for awhile, and I had some really ripe bananas on the counter and new I had to try out a new recipe. These muffins are Moist Vegan Banana Muffins. They are fat-free and low cal, but taste amazing. I was super pleased on how these came out. There aren’t any left at my house!
- 2c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2c agave or maple syrup (I used agave)
- 1 and 1/2 T lemon juice
- 1 stevia packet (or 1 T more agave or other sweetener)
- 4 super ripe mashed bananas (~2c mashed banana)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine dry ingredients, and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix into dry. (Mix by hand, and don’t overmix.) Pour 1/4c batter into each greased muffin pan and cook for around 25-30 minutes.